While all rewires are different, depending on the size of the house, number of bedrooms, heating systems and many other factors, it can be handy to have an idea of what is included in most scenarios.
Below is a short list of what is included in most rewires:
- New modern consumer unit
(A modern fuse board with RCD protection across all socket circuits as required for safety)
(The earthing and bonding is upgraded to meet modern regulations ensuring the safety of the home)
- Incoming supply form ESB meter upgraded
(Most older homes have only 10mm cable supplying the fuse board, modern regulation require 16mm)
- Lighting circuits (as required and in suitable agreed locations)
- Socket circuits (as required and in suitable agreed locations, complying will all regulation regarding number of circuits and location of outlets)
- Cooker circuit (Supply for Oven and/or Hob)
- Smoke alarms (Regulation require wired smoke alarm systems to be installed during rewires)
- Wiring for heating system
- Others Rewiring services (Wired door bell, external security lighting, shed sockets/lights, future proofing for any planned additions to home such as attic conversions, Electric Shower supply)
Always ensure that you choose a qualified and registered electrician for all work. We are a Safe Electric Registered Electrical Contractor.